The Unurban Cafe - Second Saturday of Every Month
The Unurban Cafe is the home for Stefani Valadez and FolkRock'nBlues Nights. Previously Stef held a seven-year residency at The Talking Stick in Venice, CA,
The Unurban Cafe is located at: 3301 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, 90404.
Free parking behind USA Bank, across Pico
phone: 310-315-0056 | web: www.unurban.com
Learn More About Stef with Steve Moos
Get ready for wonderful nights of Folk-Rock 'n' Blues and more. Stef and Steve are both talented singer / songwriters and accomplished musicians and they've been vibing together for a while now, but when you experience their funky, soulful and inspirational repertoire you'll know why their evenings at the Unurban Cafe have become so popular.
Though she's known for her World Music Ensemble, Stefani's musical roots needed to be shaken out once in a while. Collaboration with Steve Moos gives her the chance to sing her originals and some of her favorite Folk-Rock 'n' blues classics and also gives her the chance to play the Dulcimer, a little ukulele,percussion and she has acquired a beautiful Cavaquino from her trip to Rio. She especially loves singing Steve's original songs!
Steve plays Mandolin, guitar and piano. His style is warm, soulful, inviting, and damn gritty when it has to be. Steve's originals all feel like classics... you'll swear, that used to be your favorite song.
Featuring the heavenly-handed rhythm section of Rick Moor - Bass and Christo Pellani - Percussion
Plus Special guests:
- Jeff Breeh on Bass (Oingo-Boingo, Pointer Sisters);
- Don Kirkpatrick, lead guitar (Rod Stewart, Michael Bolton, Joe Cocker & Amy Grant)
- Stevie Gurr, harmonica & guitar (Don Henley, Elvin Bishop, Dr. John, Otis Clay)
- Taras Prodaniuk on bass (Richard Thompson, Dwight Yoakum, Marty Rifkin, Kenny Edwards)
- Christo Pellani on drums and World Percussion (Air Supply, Mary Wells, The Shirrelles, the Marvellettes, Nina Hagen, Ronnie Spector, Brandon Fields, Fabien Mamman)
- Rick Moors on bass and percussion (Bone Daddy's, Con Junto Jardin)
- Mark Tyson, guitarist (Reggae legend Ras Michael & the Sons of Negus as well as many others)
- Richard Hardy, Saxes, Flutes and Ethnic Woodwinds (Carole King, Dave Matthews Band, James Taylor and Stevie Ray Vaughn)